Montblanc is a high-end German designer of luxury watches, fountain pens and accessories; known for their distinctive logo and up-market clientele. Founded by stationer Claus Johannes Voss in 1908, the brand quickly formed a reputation for distinctive and skillful craftsmanship, combined with effortless style. The unusual star shaped logo represents a bird’s eye view of the Swiss Mont Blanc mountain, symbolizing majestic purity.
Montblanc’s first renowned product was the Meisterstück fountain pen; an instrument which has now achieved cult status. Soon afterwards, the company branched out into wrist watches, following the legendary Swiss tradition. The philosophy of Montblanc watchmaking is harmony: the simultaneous motion of each tiny watch part moving together smoothly in fluiduity. Stainless steel and sapphire crystal are the brand’s signature materials, each piece designed to last for generations.
A Sample From The Collection
- The Nicolas Rieussec Chronograph: Named after the inventor of the chronograph, this anniversary edition features manual winding and 190 separate parts. It has a silver dial with “guilloché grain d’orge” and ebony numerals.
- The Montblanc Minister Automatic: This lustrous watch features a rhodium-plated feuille with a complementary silver-colored guilloché dial. The stainless steel bracelet is anti-corrosive and hypoallergenic.
- The Profile Lady Elegance: This sleek stainless steel ladies’ watch features an ivory mother of pearl dial and bezel set with crossover figures in diamonds. The strap consists of white alligator leather.
- The Timewalker Chronography Automatic: This masculine watch features rhodium-plated luminescent hands, housed beneath a domed sapphire crystal anti-reflective case.
- The Sport Lady: Perfect for the woman who leads an energetic lifestyle, this 18 carat red-gold sports watch with an ivory mother of pearl dial incorporates eleven genuine Montblanc diamonds.
Five Innovations from Montblanc
- 1913: Montblanc adopts it’s signature white star logo – representing the brand’s highest commitment to quality and craftsmenship.
- 1997: Watchmakers worldwide applaud the handcrafted Montblanc Meisterstück wrist watch, featured at the Salon International de Haute Horlogerie watchmaker convention.
- 2007: Montblanc joins forces with a small traditional Swiss watchmaker, Minerva S.A., to found the Institut Minerva de Recherche en Haute Horlogerie.
- 2010: World premiere of Metamorphosis – a revolutionary watch design that transforms itself from one watch face to another, involving fifty simultaneous movements.
- 2011: World premiere of the Princess Grace collection, a feminine and elegant collection of watches and jewelery that reflect Princess Grace’s timeless style.
Learn More About Jaeger Le Coutre
Hellgrundwig 100 22525
Facebook Fan Page