Michel Parmigiani was born in the picturesque heartland of Swiss watchmaking in 1950; a birthplace where he observed from a young age the intricate workings of the clock-making industry. The stark austerity of the Swiss mountains and deep blue lines of the glacier-fed lakes gave him a unique aesthetic style which he would later incorporate into his creations. As a native Swiss, Parmigiani was naturally drawn to the art of watchmaking.
By 1980, Parmigiani had served his apprenticeship and went on to found his eponymous enterprise. He first made a name for himself by carefully restoring several iconic pieces from his own private collection. An urge to share his vision of elegance was combined with a passion to uphold the legendary Swiss watchmaking tradition. Through maintaining the exceptional quality of high-end Swiss devices, the name of Parmigiani Fleurier has reverberated around the watchmaking industry.
Five Unique Watch Designs
- The Ladies Chronograph 528: This ocean-themed timepiece features a sky blue enamel dial with handcrafted silver starfish, as well as a brushed stainless steel case embedded with brilliant round-cut diamonds.
- The Bugatti 370: A watch designed to imitate the engine of the famous Bugatti Veyron, an 18 carat rose gold case with a unique vertical mounted dial makes this piece a must-have for any auto fan.
- The Kalparisma: This sleekly androgynous watch features an ivory dial set with tiny brilliant round-cut diamonds. An 18 carat yellow gold star is affixed to the six o’clock position.
- The Tonda Transforma: This chronograph has a brushed steel dial with a polished steel face. Stylized numerals and date/stopwatch dials in jet black enamel complete the monochrome look.
- The Kalpa XL Tourbillon: The 18 carat yellow gold casing and numerals form a striking contrast with the slate enameled dial of this timepiece.
Five Innovations from Parmigiani
- The Bugatti 370 wristwatch incorporates a unique five-plate movement spread; in the manner of a race-car engine.
- Parmigiani debuted the world’s first ‘choke’ mechanism, a revolutionary new approach to time-setting.
- In 2006, the Bugatti 370 was awarded the “Watch of the Year” grand prize by the Japanese Press.
- Each Parmigiani watch is hand-crafted and takes over four hundred hours to product.
- The Parmigiani brand is symbolized by trademark sleek lines and curves.
Learn More About Parmigiani
Rue du Temple 11
CH – 2114 Fleurier,Switzerland
Facebook Fan Page